Please, read the introduction page of this blog!

7/11/2021

Document on Finnish Esoteric Organizations

 Towards the Light - Tales of Finnish Occultism and Esotericism

A document focusing on interviews with Finnish Esoteric organisations. Featured are Gnostic Society, Rosy Cross, Esko Jalkanen – Nature’s Powers Trust, Star of Azazel, Theosophical Society and Christosophia Supporters’ Association. The document is divided to four parts with different themes: The Societies, The Teachings, The Human Being and The Future. The document is subtitled in English.

Realized by Antti Kaipainen and Marko Forsten. 41:49 min. June 30 2021.


Obviously, it's not very deep, only the very basics, and as such, nothing new to me. Frankly, I'm confused how come the Theosophical Society is included among these groups. They are international, not particularly Finnish. However, three out of five other organizations are directly involved with Theosophical world view, and they readily admit it; undoubtedly remaining two organizations are influenced by Theosophy as well, simply because it has had such a wide influence on Western Esoterism. 

Pekka Ervast

On my link list on the sidebar, you can find Pekka Ervast, a man who is said to have brought Theosophy to Finland in Finnish language, and who later founded the Finnish Rosicrucian Order, Rosy Cross. He was my spiritual mentor for many years. His books were revelation to me, combining head and heart, solving contradictions in Church Dogma. It was through his work that I found the version of Christianity I could approve of. 

Obviously, I also know Christosophy, a word Pekka Ervast first used in his books. It's a fact that without Pekka Ervast, Finnish Esoterism would miss a lot. However, I have never understood the point of this movement, started by Ervast's co-worker J.R. Hannula after his death. They seem to emphasize Ervast's role to the extreme, explaining how Buddha expressed Logos as Reason and the Holy Spirit; Jesus expressed Logos as Love and the Son; Pekka Ervast supposedly expressed Logos as Good Will and the Father, and he declared the new religion based on the Sermon on the Mount, which according to Ervast was the most essential teaching of Jesus. 

I became familiar with the Star of Azazel on my Luciferian period - see my previous post. They are heavily based on Theosophy too. Since Blavatsky, Theosophy has always reinterpreted the symbolism of Lucifer/Satan, Star of Azazel just makes it their main doctrine. 

Esko Jalkanen - Nature's Powers Trust (link to English pdf file) I don't know personally; I have a friend who has received spiritual help from them and was happy about it. 

Gnostic Society (unfortunately, there seems to be no English pages) is interesting to me. Among other things, they conduct equal weddings for same-sex couples too. I would like to visit their Gnostic Mass, which is not Christian - a fact that I as non-Christian gladly welcome (since there are also many Gnostic Christian Churches around the world, you know), but they are held only in Helsinki (I live in Tampere, and go to Helsinki less than once a year). 

This document missed two particularly Finnish organizations based on Theosophy: 

Ihmisyyden Tunnustajat ("Confessors of Humanity"), a commune, where I visited in the 90's and bought my first books by Pekka Ervast. For a while I even dreamed of living there myself, but that was a passing phase and it soon became clear it was not for me. I read the founder (now deceased), who used to be involved in Christosophy until her claimed communications with the Masters of Wisdom were  rejected, was considered a reincarnation of Helena Blavatsky, and that really bothered me; I met her, and she didn't impress me much. Yet the fact that this commune is really long-lasting, seems to prove there is something about it that is working. They are very strictly focused on one ideal - maybe it is their strength, but to me it seems too narrow. 

Via-Akatemia ("Via Academy"; no English!): They say they teach Rajayoga, or "thought yoga", through their correspondence course, logical positive thinking, through which it is possible to attain inner peace and happiness, and expanding of the consciousness and connection to Higher Self by repeating positive phrases or mantras. I have read old magazines from the 70's, when this organization seemed to be a little controversial; nowadays they have renewed their image (since both of the original founders have passed away) and become quite presentable. One of the founders also said she was a  reincarnation of Helena Blavatsky: how many are they? (Globally there have been many more.) Their background was on Theosophical Society, Rosy Cross and Christosophy, and initiative for their work allegedly came from the Adepts of White Brotherhood, of course. 

Also worth a mention is a mystical artist, a rosicrucian and contemporary of Pekka Ervast, who didn't start her own movement, even though she supposedly was in contact with the Masters: Aleksandra Ionowa

See also:

Theosophically inspired movements in Finland by Kennet Granholm

In the Middle of Helsinki there is a Temple of secret information known to few - the crowd gathering in the basement does not make a large number of its doctrines that exude mysticism

No comments: