Please, read the introduction page of this blog!

5/07/2023

Esoterism in Finland

My drawing from the 1990's

I came across this video, Finnish Theosophist and Rosicrucian Antti Savinainen (who has Ph.D. in physics) is being interviewed by Quest Magazine editor Richard Smoley from American Theosophical Society. Topics include Pekka Ervast, his form of esoteric Christianity, and spiritual interpretation of  Kalevala. 

My link lists on the sidebar contain Pekka Ervast and Kalevala, for those who want to find out more. Also, I have personally translated many years ago some brief writings by Pekka Ervast for this blog:

Pekka Ervast: The Prayer of Jesus

Pekka Ervast: Rosy Cross as a Symbol

Pekka Ervast: No Religion is Higher than Truth

Pekka Ervast: Small Rosy Cross Catechism


Furthermore, I have collected some writings using his ideas: 

Reflections on the Problem of Evil according to Pekka Ervast

Independence Day

The Birth of Christ; Some indications from Pekka Ervast

Have Faith!

Hell

Life after Death

Exploring the Rich Esoteric Heritage of Finland (1 hr)


Earlier, I have shared another video: "Document on Finnish Esoteric Organizations." 

And after that, I published a critical article called, "Western Esoterism vs. Buddhism."

I could conclude that the benefit of Theosophical movement was to bring Eastern philosophy for wider audience in the West. Yet its downside was to confuse the ideas of Buddhism and Hinduism, and claim that "these two mean the same." It is not true. 

Just like my (esoteric) Christian friend - the one I wrote about in previous post - recently told me, he had heard a young Rosicrucian say that morals is the one thing uniting the world religions. However, it doesn't matter what someone said, everyone has their own perspective, and morals is precisely the one thing that separates me and my friend. It's never been the point for me. I don't think it's even necessary to find uniting factors in religions. It is simply humanity that unites us, and a religion in itself is very human thing. 


See also: Seekers of the New Research Project

No comments: